Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12 Days Nativity

I originally posted this idea, but since have changed a lot! This is the story:

My mother-in-law introduced me to doing the 12 Days of Christmas a completely new way. Purchase a nativity with 12 pieces or one in which you can add to (like a crèche or a star). Every night for 12 nights place a piece in a basket outside the door, or you can give them all together with instructions to open one a night. We found these chocolate molds and we make chocolate nativities. It's a lot cheaper than buying a big nativity each year and we can do more than one family. Other ideas may be doing ornaments with each of the pieces.

If you want to give baby Jesus on Christmas day, start on Dec. 14. If you want to give baby Jesus on Christmas eve, start on Dec. 13.

Here are the pictures to give with each piece. Each has a little poem with it. There are more than 12 here, so pick the ones that match your nativity. I would love to hear how you are using these! Right-click on each picture to save to your computer. Click on the 4Shared link to download from there.
Credit: "Believe" kit by Summertime Designs. Elements by me!

4Shared
4Shared

4Shared

4Shared
4Shared



4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared

4Shared
4Shared

4Shared

17 comments:

  1. This is great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and such a great idea. One suggestion though, myrrh is misspelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to do this. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been planning on doing this for a few weeks now. Imagine my surprise to find new handouts to use. Thank you! So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankincense is misspelled, I believe.

    But, oh, how I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many bags of Wilton candy melts are needed to make the entire set?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same question as above! I haven't made chocolate molds before, any tips, and how much chocolate for an entire set? Thank you for the amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually plan on two bags per set. That way, if I mess up, it isn't a big deal. Just melt the chocolates and pour into the molds. Tap a few times to let the chocolate settle so there are no air bubbles. It's okay if the chocolate overlaps the mold. When cool (I like to cool in the refrigerator) just break the excess chocolate away. I'm not an expert chocolate maker, but it is fairly easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You!!! Doing this year with my sons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the most well done versions I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We Have a young family in our ward whos dad has stage 4 liver Cancer. I have been looking for something to do as a Ward to make this Christmas special for them. I am compassionate service coordinator. This is a good idea. Thank you. Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful idea!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been searching for hours for a Christ centered 12 days of Christmas and this one is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing it! After searching for cheap nativities I decided to go with the chocolate, too. That way we can afford to do it for several people every year. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I'd try this with tree ornaments. There are so many different ways to make an ornament the options are endless and can be inexpensive. Plus making them can be a great family night activity with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The twelve days of Christmas are after Christmas until January 6 which 8s epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This celebrating it BEFORE Christmas Day makes no sense. I think folks are getting it confuse with Advent which is the four weeks BEFORE Christmas. Not sure when this started.

      Delete